As Black History Month (February) comes to an end, and Women’s History Month (March) is about to begin let’s check our knowledge of Black and Women’s History!
Created by Margaret Zierdt, National Women’s History Project Board Member
- Who was head of National Council of Negro Women for 40 years and received the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Congressional Gold Medal for her work for social equality?
- Who was an advocate for civil rights, a fund raiser for NAACP, and the first black person to sign a long-term Hollywood contract in 1942?
- Who was member of Harlem Renaissance, an anthropologist, and author of many books, including “Their Eyes Were Watching God”?
- Who was the first American woman to win three gold medals in track and field – in the 1960 Olympics for the 100 and 200 meters and the 400 meter relay?
- Who was denied permission to sing in…
View original post 1,058 more words