Just after Trump was sworn in, every petition on the Whitehouse.gov website was stripped.
Eighteen hours after the “installment” ceremony, thete were five petitions posted. They deal with a call for
- Trump to release his tax forms;
- Trump to place all of his businesses in a true blind trust,
- Trump to resign immediately due to violation of the emoluments clause;
- To have the government repeal the National Firearms Act (a gun rights, 2nd amendment petition); and
- To have the government allow American farmers to grow hemp again to “create jobs and rebuild the rural economy.”
This first one went up soon after every pettion to President Obama disappeared. It was the one on Trump’s tax returns. Here’s what it says:
As you can see in the quote, it has already received 111,624 signatures by 8:15 am on January 20, 2017. That’s a little over 20 hours after Trump took the oath of office.
I had heard about this petition about 7 pm EST on January 19. I signed it then. I was near the 25,000 point in the signatures. Now it’s moving exponentially.
For those who haven’t signed these petitions in the past, the White House agreement for these petitions is that when the petition receives more than a hundred thousand signatures, the president will give a response.
Let’s make it a groundswell and keep pushing. If we get millions of signatures, Trump may realize that this call for releasing his taxes is not just a journalistic concern. It’s a concern of, for, and by the entire nation.
Do it now. Sign and then share. Thanks