We are all of mixed race and ethnicity. This infographic showing the change of face in the United States along with the description of race and ethnicity does a great, succinct job of explaining this statistical change in the US population.
The country is slowly becoming more like a “rainbow,” according to a new book by Paul Taylor and Pew Research called “The Next America”.
These groups are all mixed in their heritage.
- Hispanic people are mixed by definition. Hispanic is not a race and Latin American countries have not had anti-miscegenation laws like the U.S. Most Latinos are part Amerindian mixed with some part(s) Spanish / Portuguese / Black.
- Black people have been mixed with others since the founding of the U.S., sometimes by choice and sometimes by force (enslavement rape). Compare the common skin tone of African-Americans to the common skin tone of Africans from Africa.
- Asian people have been mixing with others since anti-miscegenation laws have been abolished in the U.S.
- Other people includes Native American (1%) and Mixed people.
- White people are often mixed with ‘5 shades of White’, or they are White Latino, or…
View original post 272 more words